Abu Dhabi: Retail major LuLu Group has achieved the esteemed recognition by the Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA) for the best practices adopted in its logistics division. The state-of-the-art logistical hub in the ICAD, Musaffah, billed as one of the most sophisticated in the region, follows strict international guidelines. It is the adherence to these guidelines that has won the LuLu Logistics Division appreciation from the ADFCA. The thumb rules followed by LuLu Logistics are as follows:
1) Best hygiene practices
2) Food safety measures
3) Hi-tech and mechanized storage facility
4) Design and layout as per international standards
5) Well trained staff as per the ADFCA guidelines
6) Automated replenishment
7) Well maintained vegetables and fruits packing procedures
8) Integrated pest management system with limited use of chemicals
9) Best loading and unloading practices
10) Transport system as approved by the ADFCA as per international standards
Mr. Hasees Aripurath, Commercial Manager of LuLu Hypermarkets - AUH region, received the award from Ms. Moza Suhail Al Muhairi, Executive Director of Food Safety Services. Senior officials of the ADFCA were also present on the occasion.
LuLu Logistics, part of the LuLu Group, is responsible for storing and distributing goods for 103 LuLu Hypermarkets which sell food, electronics, clothes and housekeeping goods to more than 480,000 shoppers everyday, across the Middle East. Its Dubai facility is spread over 700,000 square feet while the Abu Dhabi site acts as the Master Distribution Centre (MDC) and spans an area of two million square feet.