LuLu Hypermarket today opened its 15th store in the country at Abu Sidra. The new store, that offers a vast retail area of 24000 sqm, has again strengthened Lulu’s presence in the region and is set to transform the retail shopping experience.
The new hypermarket is spread over two levels and its innovations include:
- Smart technology utilized to make the shopping experience smoother – from self-check outs to a new system to ensure no line exceeds three shoppers at any one time;
- Qatar’s biggest and most comprehensive Zero Waste refill station where shoppers can refill reusable containers with dry goods including pasta, grains and other items;
- A vegan butchery offering plant-based meat alternatives;
- A sushi station with a trained sushi chef freshly made maki rolls and sashimi;
- The Super Food Pantry – stocking affordable superfood items including acai, quinoa and goji berries;
- A honey station with regional and international honey sold by the weight;
- The largest and most spacious produce section of any of LuLu’s Qatar store and
- LuLu Cooking School – a multifunction area where local and international chefs will do virtual and in-person cooking sessions.
The inaugural ceremony was held in the presence of LuLu Group Chairman and Managing Director, Mr. Yusuffali M.A., Shiekh Jassim Mohamed H.A. Al-Thani, Shiekh Hassan bin Khalid H.A. Al Thani, and other dignitaries including Dr. Deepak Mittal, H.E. the Ambassador of India to Qatar, Mr. Hussain Ibrahim Alfardan, Mr. Fardan Fahad Alfardan, Mr. Fathi Ibrahim K. Aburish, Group Executive Director of MBHH, Mr. Joseph Abraham, Group CEO of Commercial Bank of Qatar, Dr. Seetharaman, Group CEO of Doha Bank, and Lulu Group’s Director Dr. Mohamed Althaf.
Speaking on the occasion, LuLu Group Chairman and Managing Director, Mr. Yusuffali M.A. said, “We are proud that the 215th LuLu has opened in Qatar and has already become a commercial and retail space landmark of sorts. Of course, the excitement over presenting arguably the world’s largest hypermarket is giving us all a great buzz but what we are really focused on is that we should deliver the same level of excellence in customer service and quality to our valued customers in this new hypermarket. That is the LuLu promise we are striving to keep.”
“Abu Sidra Hypermarket, which is the 15th LuLu outlet in Qatar is a reaffirmation of the Group’s confidence in the vision and energy of Qatar’s leadership and part of a global expansion plan that has already put the Group in the Deloitte Top 150 list of Global Retailers for 2021”, he added. “The world is well on its way to recovery after a harsh business setback during the pandemic, and robust businesses like ours have to match our capacity and vision with that of the countries we are working in to help the recovery process. Qatar is gearing up for the FIFA 2022, football’s biggest tournament and also for the Asian Games 2030 – we are confident of the upward development trajectory of the nation,” he said.
Dr. Mohamed Althaf, Director of Lulu Group International said the greatly anticipated new store would revolutionize how people shop for everyday essentials in Qatar.
“LuLu Hypermarket, Abu Sidra reflects the vision of our Chairman and Managing Director for innovation in retail and his commitment to sustainability,” he said. “It also delivers on our enduring promise to our loyal customers to not only improving the shopping experience, but also bring them new products and services at an affordable price.
“We are especially proud of innovations such as Qatar’s largest Zero Waste zero-waste refill station, a meat-free service counter and an on-trend Cookery School. We have also thought about how customers want to shop – from the in-store comfortable seating area through to our new self-service check-outs.
“As a group we can’t wait for our customer to experience the future of shopping.”